Sunday, December 9, 2007

Forgiveness

What does it mean to be forgiven? The idea is complicated. It involves at least two individuals. It assumes there is a relationship. When an offence happens there is need for forgiveness. What happens if the offender does not ask for forgiveness? That is when it gets complicated. I am speaking from the offended point of view. I feel like I have this offence, this hurt, almost like a box sitting on my lap I did not ask for. What now? Most days I don't want to deal with it so I set it on a shelf and walk away. When I think about it, which happens many times a day, I am faced with the decision again...what to do with it.

I want to live a life God is honored by. A life that speaks of Him and His forgiveness. We read passages today in sunday school that spoke of the need to forgive one another. The conclusion was that we have been forgiven much so we must forgive others. Whoa. That is hard. Rubber meets the road folks.

No comments: