Friday, January 11, 2008

Knocked out

We had a wierd week. I still feel like I have my days mixed up. It happened like this...on Sunday night Caleb began throwing up around midnight. He did this on the hour for the next two. He woke up fine and actually not remembering what had happened. His dad and I remembered all too well as we staggered around Monday morning. All was well until Tuesday evening. Hannah, our middle kiddo, began complaining of a sore stomach...and on it went. As I was helping her Caleb called for me from our room. I told him I couldn't help him now. Finally I checked on him and his face had streaks of blood on it, his hands, both hands mind you, were bright red with blood! I discovered that he had fallen and hit his head on the corner of my dresser and really only had a small cut but had proceded to wipe the blood all over his face and hands. I got him cleaned up and put to sleep with a bandaid in his hair so he wouldn't keep touching the blood. He is almost 4! I would expect this from a 2 year old but then again he is a boy...

Back to Hannah. She went down, then me, then Justin and right in the middle of it all Abby came down the stairs and said "I threw up a little upstairs", gesturing with her fingers for about an inch. Well, it was more that an inch...so here I am in between bathroom trips, in my underwear no less, cleaning up a big pile of ...

Well, by the next morning it looked like a war zone (I say that lightly) with towels, buckets, blankets strewn everywhere!! We layed around all day Wednesday which was ok. By the end of the day the house smelled a bit. In one way it was good that we all got sick at once and got it over with but it was a bit funny (I can laugh now) at the time as we passed eachother in the hall at 1 am and 2 am and 3 am etc. etc.

The moral of this long, drawn-out, not-too-interesting story...I am still trying to find one. Any suggestions?

No comments: