Thursday, February 21, 2008

A new thing

We are trying a new thing at home these days. I have been going crazy with the "systems" at our house. I am a MAJOR random abstract girl. I have never been good at finding a place for everything. My mom went crazy trying to get me to clean my room growing up. So it really should be no surprise that I have born and raised(not fully yet) at least one random abstract little person. My husband has endured my randomness for almost 10 years! So when he told me what he thought was the solution the other day I was a bit offended. Did I need a solution? Well, it appears so.

SO, he says that we don't "finish the loop". He says there is a life cycle for everything...we are still making a list. So it was pretty funny the other day when he walked the kids around the house talking to them about the life cycle of the plates, the toys, the clothes etc. The idea is that everything has a place and it needs to go back there. We introduced a payment system as well, thanks to some friends. We are paying per job and talking about where things live a lot. Sample question: "Caleb does the book live on the floor?" The girls are on board right now but we, and I mean ME need to stop being so random and actually follow a plan and maybe, just maybe we'll have some order around here.

2 comments:

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

How exciting on the new adoption! I would love to adopt a baby someday..I'm adopted so I have a soft spot in my heart for adoption!
My family is doing great, Yep I now live in the warm Arizona weather..My parents hate that we live so far away but sometimes that were jobs take you...I am now a stay at home Mom/nanny for my nephew. It's nice to be home but somedays I would love to have a job...Only a mother would understand that...haha.Only kidding I love being home!
I was so sorry to hear about your Mom, I can't even imagine the pain of losing a parent!
Ok enough of that I'm getting choked up..
How are your brothers doing and were are they at now? My sister lives in Center Point, Iowa and has 3 boys...ages 14,12 and 10. SHe is soooo busy, I don't know how she keeps it all straight! I'm so glad you wrote back keep in touch!! Well enough blabbing, I'm off to bed, Talk to you soon!!
Casey

Anonymous said...

you can email me at chattyteeth@cox.net
I can't wait to hear from you! Casey