Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Community garden


One thing I have been thinking about a lot is a community garden that some folks at our church want to build. It is so exciting thinking about summer and flowers! I went to the farmer's market last week and oh, do I love that! The energy there is so amazing! All that discussion about growing things, sinking my hands in the dirt just makes me tingle with anticipation for seeing this garden finished. Our plan is to prepare it and get all the policies done so that next summer we can offer it as true community space. This is a whole new world, too! Raingardens, and rain barrels, were the topics of a seminar I went to this week. There are two more in the coming weeks on planning a garden and starting a community garden. Whew!


Sometimes when I think about where we live and what our winters are like I do wonder why...but then spring arrives and I know!! I love this place! Just having the long hard winters just make us Minnesotans all the more thankful for spring and summer. It makes us find contentment where we are!

2 comments:

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

Oh my goodness!! I do hope it warms up..I guess this means no swimming this year in the lake! Poor Colby will freeze, we swim in a pool that is 86 degrees...holy moly!! haha

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

Tasha-- you have to go to my blog & look up Karoline & Lee's blog..This is Karoline Criddle..She writes the funniest stuff