Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our "Shabin"




I debated blogging about this but in the end I think it will be fun to share our adventures. We bought a cabin up north. It is rather small so I call it a shabin - part cabin, part shack. I think the man who built it took the design for a storage shed and just added insulation to the inside and called it good. So, it's not much to look at but it works for us. The part I really like is that it has power so I cooked on the stove and stored our water in the refriderator. We made a fire and burned our paper trash, walked in the woods and were eaten alive by the mosquitoes. Our dog, Sydney loved her time there to wander and be outside as much as she wanted.




1 comment:

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

So Cool!! I wish we had a shabin..lots of fun memories to be made there!! Have a great time!!