Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I think I am crazy

A few weeks ago I made a phone call that has altered the direction of my upcoming year. I called Caleb's preschool teacher to ask about being a teacher's aide while he is in school, you know, to make a little extra money. Well, she said that the teacher position was open and was I interested. I said yes, I guess I am. Well, I am now one of two new teachers at the preschool. We are both scrambling to plan lessons and think through our ideas. Caleb is excited and so am I.

On Caleb's first day (I teach the end of the first week of school), I also start the 2nd half of my master's degree program. I'll be knee-deep in preschool prep while I am thinking about a thesis statement!! My brain is tired right now, trying to get my mind around all the prep there is to do. I feel like if I can keep a day-to-day mentality, it will be a good year. A lot, but good.

1 comment:

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

Way to go!! Me too! I'm now working at a daycare just so I wouldn't have to leave Colby behind!! I got the babysitting boot from my sister in law...SHe is now taking her son to a cheaper daycare. oh well....good riddance--
He was kind of a pain anyway!! LOL