Monday, October 15, 2007

He's a big boy now

Lest all of you avid readers (all two of you! - that's you Katie and Kellie!) think Caleb will go to Kindergarten wearing pull-ups...I thought I'd update you! He is really amazing. Little did we know that it would take all of a week to get him to this point. He goes on the potty pretty much all the time now. He still has a wet pull-up in the am and after naps but wow! I am amazed at his speed at getting this. Justin reminded me that we probably could have done the "say good by to diapers" a year ago and gotten similar results. His point was it was just a matter of biting the bullet and enduring a few days of accidents and he's get it. I'll log that one away for the next one. My favorite part of all of this is the scream from the bathroom after he poops, it goes like this:
"MOOOOMMM, I went poo-pooo on the toilet!!!" I like that I don't have to cheer like a junior higher anymore. He generally accepts my "way to go, Buddy!". Ok, I would love to put Potty Training as a topic of my blog on the shelf and move on to bigger and more important topics. Give me a day or two and I'll think of some...:)

2 comments:

katie bean said...

Tasha,
Way to go buddy!!!! I'm happy you no longer have to purchase diapers!! congrats. I had a dream two nights ago that you were pregnant. It was so real-I wanted to call you right when I woke up-but it might have been a tad to early. You are not pregnant right? ....and congrats on the 2 mile-You should treat yourself to some nice running shorts/or shirt at target for every milestone!!I'm proud of you, love,katie

Brenda Rae said...

I HATE POTTY TRAINING!!!! Drew will go on the potty at school and after 4 months is telling us about once a day that he has to go on his own - so I have to remind him every hour or so to go.