Saturday, September 29, 2007

Aren't Friends Great?!

What a day! I have been tested recently. God has been pressing on me who will I turn to when I am struggling. I have not been faithful, yet He is! He sends good friends to call and/or to visit in order to encourage and lift up. Thank you Lord! Thank you friends!!

My friend Lori from Texas was here today. How fun to see her. To chat about our families. Our college years were almost 10 years ago yet it seems like yesterday we were having dinner outside Naz - 5:00 - don't be late! I hope we can all get together next year! Thinking back to those years makes me think about another great Sarah Groves song - "What I thought I wanted". We had so many dreams back then. I wonder if we now have what we wanted then. I know that to some point I do, and some things I never expected. I hope even if there are unexpected things we still trust in a loving God. Boy, that sounds trite. I don't mean to. There certainly have been times when I haven't wanted what God brought but not too many times that I have doubted His presence or care. I hope it the same with you.

No comments: